Friday, August 20, 2010

August, how i hate thee...

Not sure whether many people know this, but I've always had this hateful relationship with the month of August. I dunno whether it's just coincidence or plain bad luck, but bad things always seem to happen to me during this month. Deaths, farewells, frantic assignment doing/exam studying, you name it, it's probably happened.

Main thing I have to complain about this month is my grad applications. I had two weeks to do them but knowing my last minute nature, I left it to the last two days to do them. Sent them all out with time to spare only to find out that my penultimate year [which I said in my cover letters that I was in] is actually my SECOND LAST YEAR, not my final year. I could've died. Oh well, I'm over it now. Bring on the rejections and I'll soon be welcoming unemployment with open arms in the next few months. Moral of the story: don't try to sound smart.

In other news, I'm frantically trying to catch up on everything. Doing 5 subjects in my final semester of uni is starting to take its toll on me. I've been bitchier than usual, venting about things I normally wouldn't even make a big deal over and all I was doing about it up until the last couple of days was avoiding it all and distracting myself.

Then again, I always like a good distraction. Here's a snapshot of my distractions in August:

BOUNCE 3 [aka CC's comeback special hehe]



Law girls catchup dinner


There's also been some yum cha-ing, Ikea strolling, football game watching, catch ups and the like. I really should take happy snaps again. Maybe when September rolls around. 11 days left of August!!! HELL YEAH!!! =)

No comments: