Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby I'm getting better...

The title of today's blog serves 2 purposes:
1. To highlight that I'm actually recovering from my minor illness [Frick on a stick, I'm sick for the third time this year... it's a record!!!]
2. To let the world know that the new and improved me is back and better than ever!!!

So the title of today's blog [as are a lotta my blog titles] comes from a song by Gyroscope. Unlike the song, I don't owe my change in outlook to a single person in particular, but a few people who've put a lotta things into perspective for me. And for that, I'd like to say a few brief thank yous.

+ Thanks for being my kindred spirit. It's freakishly cool knowing that there's actually people out there who just get me and who I can just get.

+ Thanks for reminding me that it's OK to be emotionally vulnerable and that there's always a positive way of looking at a seemingly negative situation.

+ Thanks for not letting time ruin what an awesome bond we have.

+ Thanks for always saving me from myself and knowing the right things to say.

+ Thanks for just being you. It's good to know that some things don't ever change after all this time we've known each other.

+ Thanks for being a breath of fresh air and expanding my horizons. It's great to know that there are people out there who do live outside the square.

+ Thanks for listening and for looking out for me. We may not always see eye to eye about everything, but knowing you care and take time out for me is always appreciated.

On a related note, thanks to the encouragement of family and friends plus a bit of self-motivation, I've been trying to get my life re-sorted. I've already started by cleaning up my closet and bathroom [still got the lounge and bedroom to go] and trying to take regular walks. Once my financial situation is back on track, I can get around to sorting my money-related things like debts and finally saving up for a trip at the end of the year!! Don't worry, I have it all written down on my to-do list for the rest of 2010 =)

Would like to babble on some more but my attention span in writing blogs seems to get shorter and shorter at the years go by. I'll leave my dear readers with a recommended movie: 500 Days of Summer!!! Probably one of the best movies I've seen in a while and quite a frontrunner as one of my fave films. Highly recommended for those who want a movie outta the ordinary and want a movie that actually speaks to reality and to the heart. Watch it!!! Do ittttttttttt *shakes fist*

1 comment:

Ket said...

Good to hear =)