Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fare thee well for the time being...

I made a sudden realisation today.
In the midst of all the craziness and the drama out there, I've lost sight of who I really am.
There's only so much you can take and keep bottled up before you ultimately crack.
I've really thrown myself in the deep end here and I can't stop drowning.

As Coldplay so rightly sings out:
In my place, in my place
Were lines that I couldn't change
I was lost, oh yeah...

I was lost, I was lost
Crossed lines I shouldn't have crossed
I was lost, oh yeah...

After a really eye-opening talk with one of my closest friends, I realised I'm just avoiding what's on my mind and distracting myself with everybody else's drama.
So that's it. No more drama for me.
Must deal with what's going on alone with just my thoughts and surrounding exam notes.
Must keep the focus. Gotta keep it simple.

So the social butterfly is going into hiding.
I've deactivated the FB account and probably won't be on MSN for quite a while.
But don't worry, I'm endeavouring to come out of all of this with a smile on my face, a clear head and high hopes for the future.

Stay tuned for a new and improved me.

A last note to everyone:
For the uni students, good luck for your exams.
For the full-timers, enjoy and make the most of your long weekend.

2 comments:

littlebeckie` said...

goodluck :P

hope you actually leave it deactivated until your exams are over ;)

Kitty Monsterrr said...

GOOD LUCK ANGIE!! Just know you'll come out on top of everything again and be a happy smiling little social butterfly again at the end of this month/after exams!!

Take care
xoxo