Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Goodbye my friend...

A few days back, a friend lost his life in a car accident. When something like this happens, you can't help but feel a bit lost inside with emotions. Denial, sadness, uncertainty... it's all pretty hard to handle. If anything, I'd like to dedicate this blog to him and send him one of my final well wishes.

Most of my memories with Jeremy were during our days at Myer. He worked in menswear, I worked in ladieswear but we always managed to cross paths during our shifts. I remember so many times we'd talk for ages about things and then have to run off 'cause we were both afraid of getting into trouble. He'd always be getting up to mischief but he had such a great heart. Great sense of humour, cute smile, always so warm and friendly to everyone he knew. It saddened me when he quit work to focus on his med studies but I always knew he'd destined for great things. The last time I saw him was a few months ago when he came to visit work to see how everyone was doing. If I knew it was the last time I'd see him, I would've given him a great, big hug and told him what a great person he was and how grateful I am for having known him.

You were too young to be taken away. I'll always cherish the memories we had and remember all the good times. I'll miss you dearly. Rest in peace Jeremy.


Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple.
Sometimes goodbye's the only way...

No comments: