Monday, January 3, 2011

The year that was 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
- I went to a music festival. Well, 2 in fact. BDO was le awesome and Future would've been pretty good too if we weren't soaked and walking in the mud most of the time.
- Became an aunt. Finally have an excuse to shop for baby clothes and baby-related things.
- Watched a movie outdoors.
- I banned myself from Maccas and shopping for a month.
- Went to Law Ball. Was pretty cool to dress up and see other Law students get loose.
- I got a 6 for a Law subject!! So glad I got at least 1!!!
- Watched a footy game live. First time was le awesome 'cause it was free and I scored awesome seats. Second time was just as good but shame we lost both times. Next game is Game 1, State of Origin!!
- I deferred an exam. Wasn't even my fault either.
- I did the Bridge to Brisbane. 5km walk in less than an hour w00t.
- Went to watch a meteor shower. Was kinda fail but the experience was still fun.
- Was a tour guide and planned out a holiday. Those who know me well know that I'm not the biggest fan of organising things so having to find a way of showing a friend around Melb whilst also finding a way of catching up with friends there was a big step for me!!
- Went to Coffs Harbour [and also passed by Byron Bay] for the first time. That place was a good place to go to end the year of 2010.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope, I don't make resolutions mainly 'cause I don't keep them plus I forget them. Will make a list of things to do this year though.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, sister dearest gave birth to my niece, Trinity Veronica Trevor. Such an adorable girl!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I wouldn't say close, but we still shared some good memories. Still missing you.

5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't go overseas this year. Still need to book Hawaii tickets soon.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
- A university degree
- An overseas trip or 2 or 3
- A full-time job

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Don't remember dates. Might edit later.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It would've been graduating from uni but UQ decided to be crap. SIGH. I guess I'll say only getting one 4 overall from 9 subs for the whole year was a pretty awesome achievement.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not checking my subs properly and only realising halfway through Sem 2 that I still had another sub left to complete felt pretty fail to me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only got colds here and there but other than that, not really.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My EeePC laptop. No more lugging around that huge laptop I used to have.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who graduated, found new jobs, got married, got engaged, had babies, etc. You know who you all are!!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody comes to mind.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, shopping, concert tickets, holidays.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was excited about graduating but that didn't happen. Other than that, I dunno if I was that excited about anything. Probably going on holiday and ending the year I guess.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
DJ Got Us Fallin in Love Again - Usher
Like a G6 - Far East Movement

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Tried more new things, new places, learning new things, meeting new people.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Being lazy, procrastinating, same old.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent last Christmas with 2 parties - 1 was originally a girls' Christmas party but ended up being mixed with some funny results, the other was on Christmas Day and did up a Korean BBQ at home. Also had Christmas lunch with the family.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Nope

23. How many one-night stands?
None

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ummm... don't think I had a fave.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope

26. What was the best book you read?
Didn't really read anything this year. Sad, sad, sad.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Birds of Tokyo, Erin McCarley, Frou Frou, La Roux, The Temper Trap

28. What did you want and get?
A Melb holiday, a new phone, a new laptop and new board games.

29. What did you want and not get?
A degree, overseas holiday, new mp3 player, new earphones, Disney DVDs.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toy Story 3 and Inception. In terms of movies I watched this year, 500 Days of Summer was a standout.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was finishing off 2 assignments and turned 23. Pretty sucky birthday in 2010.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Boyfriend would've been nice but meh.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Mostly hoodies in the winter, printed tees in the summer.

34. What kept you sane?
Music, sleep and friends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ummm... nobody really.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Had mixed feelings about Gillard being voted PM. Happy that we finally have a female PM but a bit dodgy as to how she got the position.

37. Who did you miss?
Everyone who went away interstate and overseas.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Won't mention his name here but it's awesome how good friends we've become in the shortish time we've known each other.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
It's OK to show vulnerability sometimes.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Show me a reason, give me a sign
Tell me the way we fall out of line
Is it today or is it tonight
We'll find the answer to our life...

No comments: