Friday, February 29, 2008

Uni officially sucks [so far]

i dunno about other pplz but i feel REALLY old at uni now... yeah yeah, i know i'm not 21 yet and yeah yeah, i know there's heaps of pplz at uni who r way older than me and probably twice my age but i can't help feeling this way... i'm a 4th yr student now and i'm still nowhere near finishing my degree... it's a depressing thought *sighs* should've thought about how long i was gonna be at uni b4 i decided to do a Law degree...

first week of uni has officially passed and i have to say on the whole, it was quite boring... Stats is a bore so far 'cause we're only reviewing stuff atm, Psych of Law and Justice is actually quite interesting so far, Property's not bad but i'm gonna get a little screwed over trying to keep up with what my lecturer is saying and Trusts is pretty boring... since i don't really know anyone's uni timetables atm, i've spent most of the first week by myself... which is okies considering i wanna make the most of my breaks by either studying or going to the gym... yeah, i know... it's a MAJOR shock considering a) i hardly ever study at uni besides during SWOTVAC and b) i don't usually go to the gym, let alone exercise... part of a new and improved me =)

one thing i'm looking forward to as the weeks pass is the [hopefully] shorter queues at uni... man, i couldn't do anything this week without having to stand in a queue that goes for miles and miles... getting something to eat/drink, getting money outta the ATM, getting on the bus, etc etc... maybe i've just become a very impatient person?! or maybe it's the time of the month hehe either way, maybe Shumin's right... the population of UQ has increased a LOT...

on a less bitchy note, i'm on my way to achieving the 21 things i wanna do b4 i turn 21... for those of u who dunno, instead of having new yr's resolutions this yr [which i don't stick to newayz], i have a list of things i wanna do b4 i turn that spesh age of 21... if u wanna look at the list, check out my notes on facebook... for those of u who don't have my facebook, find someone who does hehe i've done 2 things so far and hopefully i'll get a chance of achieving more as the weeks pass... wish me luck!! btw, if u wanna help me achieve some of the things, feel free to drop me a line... help is very much appreciated!!

one last thing b4 i sign off for another blog... i've noticed some pplz r a bit down about things atm [i admit, i'm a little down myself]... if it helps in any way, listen to a feel-good song... my feel-good song now is "Keep on Movin'" by Five... i know it's teenybopperish but ever since i heard it on the radio a couple of nites ago, i can't stop listening to it...

Get on up, when you're down baby
Take a good look around...
I know it's not much but it's OK
Keep on moving on anyway...

No comments: